"Sikhs Pilgrimage Center" India Local Custom Tip by FruitLover
India Local Customs: 347 reviews and 396 photos
Sikhism is a religion based on the teachings of ten Gurus who lived primarily in 16th and 17th century India. It is one of the world's major religions with over 23 million followers. Sikhism comes from the word Sikh, which in turn comes from its Sanskrit root which means "disciple" or "learner", or from the Pâli word 'sikkhâ'.
The two core beliefs of Sikhism are:
-The belief in one God. The opening sentence of the Sikh scriptures is only two words long, and reflects the base belief of all who adhere to the teachings of the religion: ੴ - Ek Onkar
- The teachings of the Ten Sikh Gurus (as well as other accepted Muslim and Hindu figures) as enshrined in the Guru Granth Sahib.
Sikh philosophy is characterised by logic, comprehensiveness, and a "without frills" approach to both spiritual and material concerns. Its theology is marked by simplicity.
More Reviews (23)
- See All Traditional Veg Indian Food
- Don't pay even one Rupee/ US$ in advance
- Rudraksh mala: Puja's strings
- See All Nature's Gifts [North India]
FruitLover's Related Pages
Have you been to India?Share Your Travels