Butler's Restaurant: "Butler's Restaurant, Mayfair, Central London" Top 5 Page for this destination Butlers Restaurant Tip by sue_stone

Butlers Restaurant, London: 1 reviews and 4 photos

• mmmm.....beef! - London
      Carving up my dinner
    by sue_stone
      Alex toasts to a great meal
      My tasty icecream
    by sue_stone

Everyone needs a mid-week treat, so one cold autumn night Alex and I went to Butler's Restaurant. I had never heard of this place before, but read some amazing reviews about it so we decided to give it a try.

Butlers is located in the Chesterfield Hotel in the posh Mayfair area of Central London. It was an 'elegant dining' experience, in the old fashion styled dining room. The décor wasn't to my taste, but was perfect for the location and regular clientele.

Service was first class from the minute we arrived into the Hotel foyer. Our coats we taken and we were escorted to the restaurant where we were introduced to the Maitre d'. This level of service continued all night (except when we wanted to get the bill?.why is it always so hard to pay!?). And if you have a craving for bread, come to Butlers - I have never been offered so much bread before!

Favorite Dish: We decided not to have starters as we wanted to save room for dessert. For main course Alex had an extremely delicious Roast Duck with a gin & plum sauce. I opted for the Carvery of the Day which was Roast Rib of Beef with Yorkshire Pudding, Seasonal Vegetables, Cauliflower Cheese and Roast Potatoes - yum, I do love my roasts. The best part was they bought the carvery trolley over to our table and sliced the beef in front of us. (see photo)

Desserts were well worth sacrificing starters for. Alex had a creamy rich Butterscotch Cheesecake and I had the truly scrumptious Honeycomb Ice Cream with Pecan Nut and Caramel Sauce.

Address: 35 Charles Street, Mayfair, London W1J 5EB
Price Comparison: more expensive than average
Directions: Inside the Chesterfield Mayfair Hotel

Nearest Tube: Green Park is about a 5 minute walk

Phone: 020 7941 2622
Price: US$31-40
Rating: 4
Theme: Local
Website: http://www.chesterfieldmayfair.com/butlers_restaurant_mayfair

• Updated Nov 27, 2005

sue_stone Used To Live Here!

Have you been to London?