"Party Town" Hiking Tip by webdd

Hiking, Queenstown: 7 reviews and 16 photos

A.J. Hackett Bungy above Queenstown

A.J. Hackett Bungy above Queenstown
    by webdd
      Jumping off stuff is cool
      Nevis.
      Nevis.
    by webdd

So I lived here for 2 months, and it seems like people do extreme stuff during the day and at night drink as much as they can. The city only has around 17000 inhabitants but the tourist industry is well and vibrant. This is a very very young town. I would say nominal age would be around 22. This is a party town that stays out late. Compared to the US the slopes are horrible, it might take 5 minutes to get down a run and 15 minutes to take the lift back up. I skied Remarkables, Coronet, and the other one and they were all pretty miserable. You'd think if these mountains got fresh snow more runs would be open and it would be better conditions but you're wrong. They close off a majority of the runs on these small mountains when it snows due to avalances. Everyone goes to the slopes when there's powder so it's just miserable as if you want to speed down the slopes, people yell and scream at you because they're every where. This is a horrible place to go skiing. The bungy jumping is incredible. I purchased the thrillogy package (A.J. Hackett Bungy) and even if you don't buy the package, no trip to Queenstown would be complete without the Nevis Jump!!! Milford Sound is amazing, go on the boat tour, reminds me of the fjords in Norway. Also, if you hire a car drive to Paradise. We would camp there and make big fires, hike etc. Most beautiful place I've been on my travels, and you will most likely not see another living thing out there.

Address: Queenstown and around
Directions: Queenstown and around

• Written Nov 25, 2005

Comments

webdd

“people say, "Oh, I've always wanted to do that". Well do it-We've only got one life to live!”

Have you been to Queenstown?