Kempinski Beijing Lufthansa Center: "Beijing Hotels" China Hotel Tip by ORDflier

China Hotels: 219 reviews and 256 photos

The service levels at the Kempinski are extraordinary.

I must admit when I first arrived I was a bit thrown by the delay in checking me in. Although I had a reservation, it seemed that the hotel while overbooked in my particular category did not seem to have a way to easily and quickly take care of the situation. This was frustrating as this occurred at 10pm at night after a long 20 hour trip from Chicago via Tokyo. The check-in process took close to :45 minutes. At the conclusion of such I was given a hotel on one of the Executive Floors - albeit at a slightly higher rate.

It was what happened next that turned the entire experience around: The following morning I had a hand-written note of apology from the Hotel Manager delivered under my door with a gift certificate enclosed in the attached envelope. The explanation for the wait was now made clear - the computers had failed shortly before my arrival and the staff - in the middle of a shift change were trying to reconcile what was available.

Now a bit regarding the hotel: The location (Northeast part of the city) is good for those who require to be near the Diplomatic district. There is also ample shuttle service available for those who need to get into the city.

This hotel definitely caters to the European clientele and is much more of a Business Traveller's type however those with a higher end budget for travel should also give the Kempinski a good consideration.

The hotel has the usual amenities expected of a high end chain. For a good cup (although expensive) of jasmine tea - try the lobby tea room! Great for people watching!

Unique Qualities: Excellent pool on top floor.

Executive floor breakfast facilities were top notch! I know I gained a few pounds during my week long stay there!

Address: Beijing Lufthansa Center
Price Comparison: about average
Price: US$120-180
Theme: Hotel

• Written Nov 23, 2005

More Hotels in China (1)

Comments

ORDflier Used To Live Here!

ORDflier

“I travel for travels sake... the great affair is just to move... RLS”

Ranked Member