Sun with Moon Japanese Dining and Cafe: "Ooh! Cheesecake in a Birdcage!" Top 5 Page for this destination Singapore Restaurant Tip by bpacker
Singapore Restaurants: 946 reviews and 1,240 photos
Visual presentation counts in a Japanese dining experience, so do expect a couple of theatrics when you're dining at this new eatery in Singapore! The tofu cheesecake dessert, in particular, comes in a wooden birdcage and a wee folded crane. It was a delightful, if not amusing experience just to look at it. And when we finally decided to eat it, the cheesecake was a dream. The cheesy tofu was as light as a feather and it gelled nicely with the graham cracker base. Delicious. Read on to see me reviews on the other dishes.
Favorite Dish: I had a little soiree recently in a faux forested setting complete with delicate Japanese dishes. It was the perfect setting for a girlie dinner outing and we were delighted with all the delicious dishes that we tried. Other than the cheesecake, we had :
1) Broiled pork cheek slices - Good, the slices of pork were tender and smokey tasting.
2)3?4? servings of sushi - The best was the soft-shelled crab and avocado sushi.
3)Kamameshi (traditional steamed seasoned rice pot) - Expect more theatrics with an egg timer put strategically on top of the rice pot. The dish was so-so. Tasted more like an upscale version of the local claypot rice.
4)Lotus root Okonomiyaki - Very good, it had a generous topping of curling bonito flakes. The lotus root added an unexpected crunch to the soft seafood pancake.
Surprisingly, the cost turned out to be minimal. Though we had a buffet of dishes among the 4 of us, it only came up to S$96.
Address: 501 Orchard Road #03-15 Wheelock Place
Price Comparison: about average
Directions: Closest to Orchard Rd MRT
More Restaurants in Singapore (57)
More Reviews (82)
- See All Singaporeans love Seasonal Festivals
- See All Idiot's Guide to Pricing of Electronic...
- See All Best Place in Town to Down a Sake
- See All The Best Hotel in the World
- See All Hiking in Singapore: Sungei Buloh
- See All Tweety, the Fortune Teller
- See All From Singapore to Pulau Ubin
- See All The History Museum is now at Riverside...
- See All Visit the World's Famous Open Concept...
- Great Singapore Sale!
- Merlion @ Sentosa and Esplanade
Been to Singapore?Share your travels with the world!
bpacker's Related Pages
Have you been to Singapore?Share Your Travels