"CAMDEN 3 : Shop fronts in Camden" Top 5 Page for this destination Camden & Camden Markets Tip by sourbugger
Camden & Camden Markets, London: 90 reviews and 194 photos
Until the 1970's Camden High street was a fairly average run-of-the-mill North London shopping area.
Then things began to change - Camden found funky !
Over years it has become one of the great tourist attraction of London with many 'oddball' shops both on the high street and in the various parts of Camden Market that dot the area.
So, If you are looking for way-out clothes, ethnic ornaments, tasty street food, giant boots, PVC nurse's outfits, african jewellery, turkish hookas and just about anything else that is not catered for by mainstream shops then this is the place to visit.
It has become a veritable melting pot of all of London's many diverse cultures.
One of the more striking features of the high street are the 'outsize' creations that are bolted or balanced onto the outside of shops in the area. A giant plane, or boot or pineapple wedged onto the roof all seem perfectly sensible. Sometime the item has no relstionship to the business of the shop - perhaps because the business has moved on or gone bankrupt.
Address: Camden High Street
Directions: Camden Town and Chalk Farm tubes
Phone: +44 20 3763 9999
More Reviews (218)
- See All Will this work on oxford street ?
- See All Museum of childhood
- See All Get 7 million pounds for free !
- See All WHAT A BARGAIN !!!
- See All Who need's illegal drugs ?
- See All A mark of a civilised society
- See All Can we have our Skylon back please ?
- See All Just do as it says on the door.
- See All Fireman Sam Strikes again
- See All Sourbugger's guide to London's...
- See All Another tirade against the wax works...
- Why am I writing this ? I must be sad or...
sourbugger's Related Pages
Have you been to London?Share Your Travels