"Best for lonely, moody or romantic walks" Le Palais Royal Tip by davequ
Le Palais Royal, Paris: 37 reviews and 94 photos
Palais Royal as a prelude to sunset was to me a very moody place.
Maybe it was all the history;
maybe it was the grand scale in combination with lack of people / tourists that particular day.
Lately I get a little tired of and sometimes skip what to me (my opinion) are the disneyland-like, tourist-packed inner arrondisements that some honest and tourist-weary Parisians have referred to in the past as "a theater stage setting,"
but I'm glad I finally caved in and decided to check out Palais Royal.
Not so sure about the aesthetics of the Buren striped columns, but I imagine everyone has a different & personal opinion on that.
I found the garden for some reason to be an even moodier place, though very beautiful, and my favorite.
I recommend magic-hour / sunset / post sunset here for the best time to visit.
Address: Place du Palais-Royal, Paris, 75001
Directions: Metro Palais Royal or Louvre
Phone: +33 1 47 03 92 16
More Reviews (93)
- See All Dim Sum
- See All Velib for Americans now?
- See All Paris Apartment Vacation Rentals
- See All Grande Guignol - Théâtre des Vampires
- See All Street vendors
- See All A good Paris "happy-hour" Pub
- See All grands magasins & another good view
- Boules in the parc
- See All A recommended "parisian-watching" cafe
- See All Foto within a foto
- See All Can-Can You Say "piège à touristes?"
- See All Watch out for labor strikes!
davequ's Related Pages
Have you been to Paris?Share Your Travels