"Visit the Exhibition" Top 5 Page for this destination Caerphilly Things to Do Tip by uglyscot

Caerphilly Things to Do: 55 reviews and 142 photos

reconstruction of early skull
      reconstruction of early skull
      the profile
    by uglyscot
      model of the castle layout
      plan of castle
      stairway looking up
    by uglyscot

After leaving the Great Hall in the south west corner of the courtyard is a door leading to the Exhibition. On the ground floor are posters showing the prehistoric history of the region. I got a shock when I went behind a stand and found myself looking at a profile. I'd been lulled into a false state of being alone as there were no other tourists. The only indication of life in the castle was the cooing of the pigeons, so seeing a human profile came as a surprise. It was the reconstruction of a skull found in the region.
Other exhibits about the castle were upstairs, but I didn't fancy climbing the twisting staircase with nobody else around.
However another door, near the castle exit/ entrance had a better staircase, so I ventured up. There I found models of the casrle and its surroundings, missiles. and there was a video [in Welsh] about the castle. I presume there would be an English version too, but I was getting cold, so left.

Address: Caerphilly Castle

• Updated Nov 14, 2005

“Discovery consists of seeing what everybody has seen and thinking what nobody has thought”

Have you been to Caerphilly?