Hotel Anna Platanou: "Cheap, clean rooms in Parikia" Top 5 Page for this destination Paros Hotel Tip by SWFC_Fan

Paros Hotels: 31 reviews and 48 photos

Hotel Anna Platanou

Hotel Anna Platanou
      Anna Platanou - room
      Anna Platanou - room
    by SWFC_Fan

The family-run Hotel Anna Platanou is located in the island's capital, Parikia, a 10 minute walk from the ferry port.

I stayed here in September 2005 for 6 nights as part of a month long island-hopping trip and was very impressed with this hotel.

I booked directly with the hotel via email correspondence and agreed a price of 20 Euros per night, which proved to be excellent value.

The rooms are fairly basic but they possess everything I needed ? they are en-suite, have air conditioning, a fridge, a balcony, satellite TV and are cleaned daily. Breakfast is not available at the hotel.

If you let the hotel know what time you're arriving at the port, they will ensure that somebody (one of Anna's sons) will be waiting for you to transfer you to the hotel. As I was on a flexible itinerary, I didn't know what time I'd be arriving until I got on the ferry from Naxos so was unable to call ahead and arrange a pick-up. However, the hotel owners had taken a guess that I'd be on that ferry and were waiting for me anyway!

The hotel is owned and run by the very friendly Sarris family. After checking in, mother Anna showed me a map of the island and explained what sights were worth seeing, which beaches were best for swimming and how I could get around the island by public transport. Later in the week when I went to collect my passport from the family's living quarters (the family live on the first floor of the hotel), I was treated to a piece of homemade cake!

While this is not the most central hotel, it is well worth the 10 minute walk into town. An excellent, value-for-money hotel with friendly owners!

Address: Anna Platanou Hotel, Parikia, Paros, Greece.
Price Comparison: less expensive than average
Directions: Facing inland fom the port, walk along the seafront road to the right. After about 800m, turn left at the church and you will soon come to a car park in a residential area. Cut through the car park and find the hotel directly across from the top exit.
othercontact: info@annaplatanou.gr
Phone: +30 2284021751
Price: US$20-40
Theme: Hotel
Website: http://www.annaplatanou.gr

• Updated Nov 14, 2005

Comments

SWFC_Fan

“Next stops: Chile (November), Cluj-Napoca (December)”

Have you been to Paros?