"Gondolas" Gondola Tip by Marpessa

Gondola, Venice: 168 reviews and 283 photos

Along the canals of San Marco
by Marpessa

This is a tourist thing to do, but it is something that I recommend everyone try at least once if you come to Venice. Whether it is just for fun with friends, or for a romantic trip for you and your special someone. While in a gondola (depending on where you decide to get one from) you get to pass through the inner-canals of Venice, go under the small walk bridges and into the 'backyards' of Venetians.

My friends and I took a gondola departing from the Canal Grande just past the San Marco water bus station. The guy was asking 80 euro but we asked him for 75 euro (there was three of us, easier to split - we may have been able to bargain further, but we didn't try). The whole trip lasted for about 40-45 minutes. Starting up the Canal Grande and then into the canals in the San Marco area. Also our 'driver', from time to time, pointed out buildings of historical note to us - which I thought was a very nice bonus. It was a very relaxing trip, one which I enjoyed on the hot August summers day.

For more on my trip in the gondola check out my travelogue.

Address: Anywhere on the water
Phone: +39 041 528 5075
Website: http://www.gondolavenezia.it/

• Updated Nov 23, 2005

Comments

Marpessa

“Brave New World”