"Golden Gate National Recreation Area" Golden Gate Bridge Tip by richiecdisc
Golden Gate Bridge, San Francisco: 248 reviews and 406 photos
The Golden Gate National Recreation Area was set aside by the National Park system to protect the gorgeous area surrounding the bridge. There are many scenic outlooks, drives and trails to better appreciate the natural beauty so go beyond snapping a photo at the Toll Plaza lookout. Start off by walking to the other side of the bridge. It’s free and only two miles. Give yourself some time as there are great views of the city and bay. There is a view point on the right as you enter Marin County but the more spectacular views are on the left. There is a foot passage going under the bridge from the crowded viewing area. Head to the other side and you’ll see a sign leading you to the Coastal Trail. It climbs steeply to a parking area for those less physically inclined. From here, you’ll see not only the remnants of a battement but also awe inspiring views of the city, bay and the bridge so close you feel you can reach out and touch it. The road beyond this view point offers amazing vistas with every turn.
Address: Northwestern Tip of San Francisco Peninsula
Directions: Find the bridge, walk across and enjoy.
Phone: (415) 921-5858
More Things to Do in San Francisco (18)
More Reviews (39)
- See All to know her is to love her
- See All a good bet if you have a car
- See All The Haight Spot for Beer Afficionados
- See All Head to the Sonoma Valley for some wine
- picnie supplies
- There are numerous hikes close to the...
- break your shoes in before you come
- See All Try the local beers
- See All great location and better than expected
- beware the steep San Francisco streets
- riceroni, a San Francisco treat
Been to San Francisco?Share your travels with the world!
richiecdisc's Related Pages
Have you been to San Francisco?Share Your Travels