"Coit Tower" Coit Tower Tip by richiecdisc
Coit Tower, San Francisco: 138 reviews and 265 photos
Set high atop Telegraph Hill, Coit Tower offers great views of both the city proper and the San Francisco Bay. But that is only the beginning of the story. Even if the day does not warrant paying for the elevator fare to the top, there are murals by local artists inspired by Diego Rivera of the early pioneering days though reflecting strong social themes that caused great fervor at the time of their inception. Built in 1933 in the Art Deco style and funded by Lillie Hitchcock Coit in part to commemorate the city?s firefighters, the 210 foot structure crowns Pioneer Park and is readily seen from most anywhere in town or across the Bay.
Address: 1 Telegraph Hill Blvd
Directions: At Greenwich St. in North Beach/Telegraph Hill
Phone: (415) 362- 0808
More Things to Do in San Francisco (18)
More Reviews (39)
- See All to know her is to love her
- See All a good bet if you have a car
- See All The Haight Spot for Beer Afficionados
- See All Head to the Sonoma Valley for some wine
- picnie supplies
- There are numerous hikes close to the...
- break your shoes in before you come
- See All Try the local beers
- See All great location and better than expected
- beware the steep San Francisco streets
- riceroni, a San Francisco treat
Been to San Francisco?Share your travels with the world!
richiecdisc's Related Pages
Have you been to San Francisco?Share Your Travels