A La Turca: "Lebanese Tenderloin sampler" A la Turca Tip by richiecdisc
A la Turca, San Francisco: 3 reviews and 3 photos
Sometimes you get a server that does a restaurant a disservice and this was the case with A La Turca. The place was quite nice, especially since it was in the worst part of town, in the Tenderloin. We had made a special trip there specifically for the food here so we had high expectations. The waitress seemed disinterested but the food was brought out promptly.
Favorite Dish: We ordered a combo appetizer plate of hummus, eggplant, tabouli, stuffed grape leaves as well as a doner sandwich plate. Both plates that arrived were quite big and I must admit tasty. It was good quality to say the least until we got the bill. We had been given a full doner dinner plate rather than the sandwich we had ordered. I explained it to the waitress who wryly asked if it looked like a sandwich. I wryly answered I wasn?t going to pay for something I hadn?t ordered and she changed the bill. So, we had a massive meal for $20 but it took some haggling to get it. Ah, just like haggling at the markets in the Middle East I guess. ;)
Address: 869 Geary Street
Price Comparison: about average
Directions: Right in the Tenderloin, but on a busy main street so perfectly safe.
Theme: Middle Eastern
More Reviews (45)
- See All to know her is to love her
- See All a good bet if you have a car
- See All The Haight Spot for Beer Afficionados
- See All Head to the Sonoma Valley for some wine
- See All Golden Gate Bridge
- picnie supplies
- There are numerous hikes close to the...
- break your shoes in before you come
- See All Try the local beers
- beware the steep San Francisco streets
- riceroni, a San Francisco treat
Been to San Francisco?Share your travels with the world!
richiecdisc's Related Pages
Have you been to San Francisco?Share Your Travels