A La Turca: "Lebanese Tenderloin sampler" A la Turca Tip by richiecdisc

A la Turca, San Francisco: 3 reviews and 3 photos

ample food and quite tasty
by richiecdisc

Sometimes you get a server that does a restaurant a disservice and this was the case with A La Turca. The place was quite nice, especially since it was in the worst part of town, in the Tenderloin. We had made a special trip there specifically for the food here so we had high expectations. The waitress seemed disinterested but the food was brought out promptly.

Favorite Dish: We ordered a combo appetizer plate of hummus, eggplant, tabouli, stuffed grape leaves as well as a doner sandwich plate. Both plates that arrived were quite big and I must admit tasty. It was good quality to say the least until we got the bill. We had been given a full doner dinner plate rather than the sandwich we had ordered. I explained it to the waitress who wryly asked if it looked like a sandwich. I wryly answered I wasn?t going to pay for something I hadn?t ordered and she changed the bill. So, we had a massive meal for $20 but it took some haggling to get it. Ah, just like haggling at the markets in the Middle East I guess. ;)

Address: 869 Geary Street
Price Comparison: about average
Directions: Right in the Tenderloin, but on a busy main street so perfectly safe.
Phone: 415/345.1011
Price: US$11-20
Rating: 3
Theme: Middle Eastern
Website: http://alaturcasf.com/

• Updated Nov 15, 2005

Comments

richiecdisc Visits Here Frequently!

richiecdisc

“fairy tales can come true...”

Have you been to San Francisco?