"Sailing ship" Top 5 Page for this destination Gdansk Things to Do Tip by matcrazy1
Gdansk Things to Do: 537 reviews and 1,498 photos
This wooden, old looking sailing ship is an impressive replica of an original two-masted sailing ship. I have seen it full of visitors onboard, on the Motlawa River, steering towards Westerplatte and back. Unfortunatelly it didn't travel under full sail. If I had more time I'd take a cruise on the ship called Westerplatte.
I am not an expert in old sailing ships but I always like to look at them even when they are only, sometimes kitchy, replicas built for fan and transportation of visitors. I have seen a lot of them for example in some tourist resorts of Turkey and Tunisia.
Address: Dlugie Pobrzeze, Gdansk
Directions: Walk eastwards Dluga street, enter the longitudinal square called Dlugi Targ, pass through the Green Gate to see the Motlawa river. About 25-30 min. on foot from the Main Railway Station (Gdansk Glowny).
More Reviews (196)
- See All For rich and famous or unfamous
- See All To Westerplatte by car
- See All Where do they live?
- See All Private house of Walesa
- See All Few and little shells
- See All Bathing in the Baltic Sea
- See All Fresh, fried fish :-)
- See All Tourist info, amber, silver, gifts
- See All Not prepared for foreign visitors
- See All The best concert hall in Europe!
- See All The Motlawa river at sunset
- See All Travel books
matcrazy1's Related Pages
Have you been to Gdansk?Share Your Travels