"Spend a day in the Grugapark..." Essen Things to Do Tip by Bagillbaer

Essen Things to Do: 83 reviews and 201 photos

<BR><B><FONT COLOR=006633>Spend a day in the Grugapark (GRUGA = Große Ruhrländische-Gartenbauausstellung = Big Ruhrarea-Gardening Exhibition).
<BR><B><FONT COLOR=006633>The park was created in 1929 and covers 700.000 square metres of Essen's grounds. Apart from big big green meadows surrounded by sometimes very old, sometimes very exotic trees, it also has a zoo (with mighty eagles and gentle butterflies), a garden area in which several landscapes and climates are imitated, a bonsai-gallery (that I love!!!), a rhododendron-valley (that I also love!), some places to play and meddle with water and sand and stuff, restaurants of course, toilets... :oD, I'm running out of features, didcha notice? ;oP... oh, there's also an open air stage... and the park-train... I aaalways wanted to ride it as a wee kid! Parents, beware!</FONT></B><P>

Directions: <BR><B><FONT COLOR=006633>It's not far from the city centre. When there's a trade show going on, it's best not to go there by car. Use the tram instead, heading for <I>Messe Gruga</I>.</FONT></B><P>
othercontact: <BR><B><FONT COLOR=006633>The we

• Written Sep 1, 2002

“do whatever U wanna do, just as long as U don`t hurt anybody”

Have you been to Essen?