"a memorable experience" Crossland Houston The Woodlands Tip by bocmaxima

Crossland Houston The Woodlands, Spring: 37 reviews and 0 photos

I have a feeling that it hasn't gotten any better, but this used to be a real ghetto hotel.
I stayed here in the Fall of 1999 when I moved back to Houston to start college, and was staying here because I had friends in the area. I got a room and set in for about two weeks until I was able to get an apartment in town.
One day, when returning, there was an older woman sitting outside, apparently waiting for someone to return. She asked if she could wait in my room, and I didn't see a problem with it, so I let her.
I gave her a beer, we talked briefly, told me ridiculous stories and wrote a terrible poem about me.
A couple of hours later, her friend (a male in his late 30's) finally returned and both left. She called my room a couple of more hours later, asking if I wanted to join them, but I declined and went to sleep.
The next morning, about 6:30 or 7, she knocked on my door, wild-eyed and frantic, saying that her friend had been smoking crack and had gone crazy. She asked if I had something to eat, so I gave her a couple of pieces of bread, poured some whiskey, and she left. That day, I saw her friend walking down the hall, with something obviously wrong with him.
That night, I heard a loud banging on the door of the room next to me. I looked out the window and saw a couple of uniformed men standing around. I opened the door to see several police, guns drawn, with a few paramedics behind them. They told me to go back in my room. A few minutes later, they knocked on my door and asked if I had seen the guy. I said that I hadn't in several hours, and his friend had mentioned him smoking crack. This didn't seem to surprise the cop too much.
These places are typically pretty nasty, and I've stayed at several since then, but have never had any kind of similar experience.

Unique Qualities: Cheap

Address: 150 Valley Wood Dr, The Woodlands, TX 77380
Comparison: less expensive than average
Directions: I-45 South frontage road between Woodlands Parkway and Sawdust Road. Access from Sawdust on Budde to Valleywood.
Price: US$20-40