Klasterni Pivovar Strahov: "Brewpub in the Castle area" Prague Nightlife Tip by St_Vincent

Prague Nightlife: 571 reviews and 516 photos

I think we're there somewhere
by St_Vincent

This is an excellent brewpub in the grounds of the Strahov Abbey, it's a bit difficult to find but definitely worth the effort. We broke off from a tour of the castle to find it and after a long walk through the wind and rain, the sight of and aroma from the two large copper brewing tanks just inside the door made it all worthwhile. Recharged with coffee and brandy we set about the main event, the beer. Both the light and dark were excellent and brewed under the name Svaty (Saint) Norbert. Bottled take-outs are also available. There is a good menu and I was intrigued by the Sword of Charles IV, which turned out to be generous portions of different meats skewered onto an eighteen inch silver sword, excellent presentation.

As well as the copper brew tanks there is an impressive looking bar and the walls are adorned with old photos and posters giving a real sense of the building's history. The staff are friendly and all in all it's a great place to spend a few hours, we actually spent six hours there. Take my advice and go there?. but get a taxi!

Sorry about the photo, it was taken on a mobile phone, with a steamed up lens, by my mate Peter, who was very drunk. But it is the only one I've got and rather than pinch something from the website I thought I'd use it.

Address: Strahovske Nadrovi 301, Prague 1
Directions: At the Strahov Abbey, below the Castle on Petrin Hill
Theme: Eating and Drinking
Website: http://www.klasterni-pivovar.cz

Review Helpfulness: 4 out of 5 stars

• Written Nov 5, 2005

“Travelling with friends is a true test of friendship”

Have you been to Prague?