"Not worth your money" Top 5 Page for this destination Celestłn Tourist Trap Tip by e-katarina

Celestłn Tourist Traps: 1 reviews and 0 photos

In Celestun, on main square, there's a restaurant (I'll add name soon) that advertises all kinds of desayunos (breakfast). It was a total rip off. We ordered toasted bread and coffee. The coffee was tasteless and had bits of white stuff floating in it.. the toast was actually not toasted, but we'd seen in a shop you could buy "toasted" bread, actually just hard bread. The butter and jam was out of the original packet (total lack of hygene when you consider everyone dunking their knife and spoons inside). And the worst is that we paid 70 pesos for THAT! The previous day we'd had a beautiful breakfast with omelet and all, for just 10 pesos more, without counting the breakfast in San Cristobal for 44 pesos for two, with real toast, delicious coffee, juice and fruit.

Also had to wait hours for someone to notice us, hours to be served (when all we got was dried bread out of a packet) and no one came for us to pay.. lady sent a little boy, I guess she didn't dare face my wroth.. but I told the little boy that the breakfast was no good and that 70 pesos was really an exageration.. Thinking back, should have talked to lady and given her a piece of my mind.. but left a note saying that I'd defenatelly do a write up of their restaurant on VirtualTourit!

Unique Suggestions: Don't go!!!

Fun Alternatives: Go to an other restaurant.. jsut accross the road, there's a supper one...

• Written Nov 3, 2005

Comments

e-katarina

“Embrace the world, embrace the people around it.”

Have you been to Celestłn?