"San Luca and the portico" Top 5 Page for this destination San Luca Tip by ludogatto

San Luca, Bologna: 8 reviews and 18 photos

From my house: where is San Luca Church!
by ludogatto

Bologna is surpassed from the Sanctuary of Saint Luca that is constructed on a hill. For me the architecture of this church is not beautifull, but it has one large affective importance for all Bologna citizens. when you are in order to arrive to Bologna you see it from far away and already you feel yourself at home......I leave under this hill and while I am writing I see the church from my window.

Every year there is a big catholic procession: the faithfull bring the Madonna di San Luca from the hill to the Bologna Chatedral, in via Indipendenza, in the center and after a week the Satue retourn back, with another procession on the churc onthe top of the hill.

I'm not faithfull, so, sorry I'm not to much updated to this things....I only know that the long Portico from the center to hte top of the hill protect the pilgrim that pray one Ave Maria for each stap of the portico, the same numer of the Rosario!
For me portico di San Luca adn the churc is the remember of nice day when I was 17een, taking my Vespa scooter with the frinds to have ride till the top to see the 'panorama' of Bologna.

Address: Colle di San Luca
Directions: From Via Andra Costa, Meloncello Arch, here start the road and the stairs under the portico...everybody know San Luca!
Phone: 051 614 2339

Review Helpfulness: 4 out of 5 stars

• Written Nov 2, 2005

ludogatto Lives Here!

Have you been to Bologna?