"Schatzkammer - the treasury" Top 5 Page for this destination Hofburg Palace - Treasure Chamber Tip by globetrott
Hofburg Palace - Treasure Chamber, Vienna: 17 reviews and 56 photos
Schatzkammer is the treasury of the Hofburg and it shows various crowns of the Austrian empire, precious gold- and silverplates and cutleries, and even a 33-meters long centre-piece made of gold-bronze, it was ment as a table-decoration for banquets at the royal court. The oldest crown in Schatzkammer dates back to the 10th century and so it is no wonder, there is a real tresor-door at the entrance to this museum and a lot of people watching each of your steps through the collections !
Photography only without flash or tripod !!
the Schatzkammer is open daily except tuesday 10.00a.m.-06.00p.m.
at dezember 31st it is only open untill 01.00p.m.
Schatzkammer is closed January 1st + May 1st + November 1st !!
Address: A-1010 Wien / Hofburg
Directions: Schatzkammer is between Nationalbibliothek and Schweizertor, next to the stables and performance-halls of the white horses.
More Things to Do in Vienna (38)
More Reviews (163)
- See All a paradise of lovers of Harley Davidson
- See All Weihnachtsmarkt im Türkenschanzpark
- See All Bade-Schiff - a pool inside a ship
- See All a traditional Wiener Kaffeehaus
- See All An Art Nouveau-jewel
- See All WESTBAHN: the cheapest train to Salzburg
- See All Beware of the SÜD-Bahnhof/OST-Bahnhof -...
- See All a perfect hotel
- See All Mozart-people all over the centre of...
- See All Silvester-Pfad - the festivities at new...
- See All a full day in Vienna
Been to Vienna?Share your travels with the world!
globetrott's Related Pages
Have you been to Vienna?Share Your Travels