"The Clipper Hostel - don't go there" Rotterdam Warnings Or Dangers Tip by Mariajoy

Rotterdam Warnings and Dangers: 41 reviews and 26 photos

Took this one from a Dutch Hostel website
by Mariajoy

We booked this hostel on line - I did try by phone initially but the guy said they only take internet bookings. So we paid our deposit and turned up after a long walk across the city in the rain only to find when we got there a virtually derelict boat totally unlike the pictures! - ok I know everywhere looks better in the sunshine and we were there on the worst day of the year weatherwise - but it really was awful - we knocked on the door several times but no answer - just a dog barking on the other side. I could see through the windows unemptied ashtrays and unmade bunks and I really found it difficult to believe that this boat could actually be described as *accommodation* even if it was cheap. We decided there and then that we would find an alternative - even if it did mean another 2.5 hours wandering around in the rain! I am still awaiting a reply to my email regarding a refund of my deposit!

Believe me - this hostel looks NOTHING like this photo - which is how it appears on the many Rotterdam hostel pages.

Scheepmakershaven, Across Number 26, Rotterdam. This is the address - but even if you find it, and have made a booking and paid a deposit - theres no guarantee you will get a bed!

Website: http://www.hostelseurope.com/hostel.php/4828_HostelBoatTheClipper

• Updated Nov 4, 2005

Comments

Have you been to Rotterdam?