"A decent pub." Top 5 Page for this destination Pubs Tip by planxty

Pubs, Canterbury: 2 reviews and 2 photos

Cricketers pub, Canterbury, Kent, England.
by planxty

Update August 2013.

I have revisited this tip some eight years after I wrote it to amend the website which I had noticed not to be working as the parent brewery has considerably changed it's werbsite. The tip was originally written in September 2005 and so I caution the reader that it is not as recent as it may appear. Hopefully other members will have more up to date information.

Original tip.

The title of the tip says it all really. I popped in here in the afternoon for a quick pint and found a decent bar with friendly staff. I get the impression it is probably geared towards a younger crowd. There is occasional live music, including a local artist called Jed who I can thoroughly recommend, having seen him elsewhere.

There is a big emphasis on beer, and they sell various Belgian fruit beers as well as having Leffe on tap.

The place looks like it may have been recently refurbished and has a pleasant interior.

Recommended.

Address: 14 St. Peters Street, Canterbury, Kent, CT1 2BQ.
Directions: Walking from Westgate along St. Peter's Street towards the centre of town and the Cathedral, it is on the left.
othercontact: +00 44 (0)1227 458438
Phone: +99 44 (0)1227 464227
Website: http://www.shepherdneame.co.uk/pubs/canterbury/cricketers

• Updated Aug 23, 2013

Comments

planxty

“I have declared myself an unsafe building!”

Have you been to Canterbury?