Sense: "Asian flavors" Warsaw Restaurant Tip by acemj

Warsaw Restaurants: 300 reviews and 428 photos

This Asian fusion bar/cafe/restaurant is located on the trendy ul Nowy Swiat and was truly one of my best culinary experiences in Poland (I know, I know, it's not even Polish food!). The cafe is divided into four architectural or decorative themes that loosely correspond to the natural elements . . . fire, ice, passion and eden. The crowd was definitely upscale, but I didn't find the prices too out of line, so I decided to pull up a stool at the bar (definitely the "ice" theme) and stay awhile. My bartender was cool and spoke good English. He gave me a brief lesson in Polish vodkas and served up a Zubrowska (Bison Vodka). They claim to have 115 kinds of vodka and while I can't verify that, I wouldn't be surprised.

Favorite Dish: After my vodka, I had a glass of Spanish red wine to accompany my salad which was made up of carmelized pears and asparagus and worked quite well. Then I had a duck and noodle concoction, that had a little kick to it, which was refreshing in Poland where the food tends to not be very spicy. After my delicious meal, I had a beer. All this for just under 100 zl (around $30 US).

Check out their excellent website below for more info and a complete menu.

Address: ul Nowy Swiat 19
Comparison: more expensive than average
Price: US$21-30
Rating: 5
Theme: Other
Website: http://www.sensecafe.com

• Updated Nov 20, 2005

Comments

acemj

“Be a life savor(er)”