"Green Gate" Top 5 Page for this destination Gdansk Things to Do Tip by matcrazy1
Gdansk Things to Do: 539 reviews and 1,503 photos
The Green Gate seperates the eastern end of the Long Market from Motlawa River. In fact, it's not a gate but the palace edifice with four passages. The building joints features of Dutch and Italian renaissance. The most interesting is the red-tiled, gable roof, partly mansard one.
The gate was built in 1564 - 1568. I noticed very small size of bricks which, I got to know, had been imported from the Netherlands and used as a ballast for ships not a building material.
Address: Dlugi Targ, Gdansk
Directions: Walk eastwards the main pedestrian street of Gdansk, Dluga, enter the longitudinal square called the Long Market (Dlugi Targ). The gate is at its eastern end, in front of you. About 25 min. on foot from the Main Railway Station (Gdansk Glowny).
More Reviews (196)
- See All For rich and famous or unfamous
- See All To Westerplatte by car
- See All Where do they live?
- See All Private house of Walesa
- See All Few and little shells
- See All Bathing in the Baltic Sea
- See All Fresh, fried fish :-)
- See All Tourist info, amber, silver, gifts
- See All Not prepared for foreign visitors
- See All The best concert hall in Europe!
- See All The Motlawa river at sunset
- See All Travel books
matcrazy1's Related Pages
Have you been to Gdansk?Share Your Travels