"Pirate's Cove" Top 5 Page for this destination Sounio Off The Beaten Path Tip by janetanne

Sounio Off The Beaten Path: 10 reviews and 34 photos

My Secret Swimming Cove

My Secret Swimming Cove
      Summer Shelter at Sunion
    by janetanne
      Vter Carmelleta 'House Squatting?'
      Vter Carmelleta Enjoying a Fish Meal at Sunion
    by janetanne

Just before the temple of Posidonos at Cape Sunion, there can be found, small rocky bays that were used by pirates to hide from would be captors. I have heard that these places of safe harbour, are still used today in attempts to smuggle illegal aliens, drugs and other contraband items, on Greek shores. On the otherhand, I have never seen any such evidence myself...so, for me, I will continue to sneek away to these hidden spots to enjoy my wonderful secluded swims on hot Sunday summer days...away from the crowds and noise of the public beaches...but, sorry, don't ask me to tell you where my secret swimming spot is...Unless you come to Greece, you invite me to join you for a lovely fish meal at the taverna in Sunion, some ouzo...some more ouzo...after which, I'm sure I could be convinced into showing you this spot! (blindfolded on the way:):)

Vter AthinaX10, known by her real name, 'Carmelleta' visted Athens and did just that! We enjoyed a lovely lunch together and then we took photos at my favourite swimming spot!

• Written Oct 27, 2005

Comments

janetanne Visits Here Frequently!

janetanne

“He who hesitates is lost”

Have you been to Sounio?