"Dogs and law" Top 5 Page for this destination Gdansk Local Custom Tip by matcrazy1
Gdansk Local Customs: 69 reviews and 146 photos
Locals keep their dogs leashed but they, in contrast to visitors, rarely muzzle them in Gdansk. No wonder, most dogs don't like a muzzle. However, as I know, the law requires dogs been both leashed and muzzled in public space unless otherwise stated (in some parks for example). I've noticed that city guards try to enforce that law in downtown Krakow but surprisingly not in Gdansk. My dog used not to accept any muzzle in the past. I guess, he would prefer to live in Gdansk now.
I've seen unleashed, even alone, although usually muzzled dogs, running in a park in Gdansk. Is Gdansk a dog friendly city or maybe its citizens are not about to obey the law regarding to dogs? Anyway, better don't try to take your dog unleashed or unmuzzled to the city bus or tram. The driver don't let you in.
More Local Customs in Gdansk (32)
More Reviews (263)
- See All For rich and famous or unfamous
- See All To Westerplatte by car
- See All Private house of Walesa
- See All Few and little shells
- See All Bathing in the Baltic Sea
- See All Fresh, fried fish :-)
- See All Tourist info, amber, silver, gifts
- See All Not prepared for foreign visitors
- See All Not seen for years
- See All The best concert hall in Europe!
- See All The Motlawa river at sunset
- See All Travel books
matcrazy1's Related Pages
Have you been to Gdansk?Share Your Travels