"Cimetiere Montparnasse" Cimetière de Montparnasse Tip by davequ
Cimetière de Montparnasse, Paris: 14 reviews and 39 photos
Found a good day weatherwise in my neighborhood Montparnasse to visit the cemetery.
One of the main larger & older cemeteries in Paris, lots of famous / infamous folks have made Cimetiere Montparnasse their last home:
Jean Paul Sartre, Alfred Dreyfus, Baudelaire, Becket, Man Ray, some American film stars, Petain, etc.
All the graves are marked and locations shown on large displays in at least 2 different sections. Admission is free.
It was a very peaceful, quiet fall day and well worth the trip.
Lots of info here: Cimetierre Montparnasse Wiki
Address: 33, av du Maine, Paris, France 75014
Directions: Metro Edgar Quinet or Gaite. Best entrance is the north side from blvd Edgar Quinet. Sartre grave is just inside this entrance to your right along the wall.
Phone: 01 45-38-52-56
More Reviews (93)
- See All Dim Sum
- See All Velib for Americans now?
- See All Paris Apartment Vacation Rentals
- See All Grande Guignol - Théâtre des Vampires
- See All Street vendors
- See All A good Paris "happy-hour" Pub
- See All grands magasins & another good view
- Boules in the parc
- See All A recommended "parisian-watching" cafe
- See All Foto within a foto
- See All Can-Can You Say "piège à touristes?"
- See All Watch out for labor strikes!
davequ's Related Pages
Have you been to Paris?Share Your Travels