"Kunsthistorisches Museum - great architecture" Top 5 Page for this destination KHM - Kunsthistorisches Museum - Art History Museum Tip by globetrott
KHM - Kunsthistorisches Museum - Art History Museum, Vienna: 94 reviews and 217 photos
Kunsthistorisches Museum is one of the 2 best museums in Vienna, not only for the great collections that you will see there, but also for the great architecture of the building, that once belonged to the Hofburg and the royal court of the Austrian empire. Collections of paintings and other works of art were quite common at a royal court and many of the exhibits of today had been given as a donation by other emperors who visited Vienna in former times.
In order to see the best parts of the building, you have to get inside and pay for the entrance. Photography is no problem, you simply are not allowed to use a flash or tripod.
the most beautiful parts of the building are certainly the giant entrance-hall and the high dome with a restaurant / cafe underneath.
You are able to enter the cafe ONLY when you pay the entrance-fee for the museum !
Address: A-1010 Wien / Maria-Theresiaplatz
Directions: take bus 2A or 57A or the tram #1 or #2 on Ringstrasse and get out at station "Hofburg" When using the metro U2, the station to get out is : Babenbergerstrasse / Volkstheater
Phone: +43 1 52524
More Things to Do in Vienna (38)
More Reviews (163)
- See All a paradise of lovers of Harley Davidson
- See All Weihnachtsmarkt im Türkenschanzpark
- See All Bade-Schiff - a pool inside a ship
- See All a traditional Wiener Kaffeehaus
- See All An Art Nouveau-jewel
- See All WESTBAHN: the cheapest train to Salzburg
- See All Beware of the SÜD-Bahnhof/OST-Bahnhof -...
- See All a perfect hotel
- See All Mozart-people all over the centre of...
- See All Silvester-Pfad - the festivities at new...
- See All a full day in Vienna
Been to Vienna?Share your travels with the world!
globetrott's Related Pages
Have you been to Vienna?Share Your Travels