North Beach Pizza: "A Tourist Favorite" North Beach Pizza Tip by mydreamquest

North Beach Pizza, San Francisco: 4 reviews and 3 photos

North Beach on 1310 Grant Avenue
by mydreamquest

Located in the heart of San Francisco's North Beach District on Grant , this pizzeria is probably a place most locals and tourists alike have stumbled across. I first ate here maybe 16 years ago with a friend just prior to going to a Chris Isaak concert. I was so hungry as the wait on Friday nights is often long, but when I finally ate, I proclaimed it the best pizza in history.

However, I've learned over the years that the best food and restaurants are those restaurants where you ate when you were the most hungry.

So I went there again recently on a slow weekday when I wasn't as hungry. I must say it was nice. Inside it has a cozy environment typical of most pizzeria's. If you like blue music, you might want to consider walking over to the Lost and Found Saloon a short walk away also on Grant Avenue.

There are about 5 or so scattered about San Francisco. This one is located in the neighborhood where a young Joe DiMaggio grew up and just a few blocks away from Cafe Trieste where Keroauc and all the beat poets used to hang out.

If you've been to the very good Italian restaurants on Columbus and in North Beach and just want something cheap, simple, and quite good, I suggest North Beach Pizza.

Health Code Violations

Favorite Dish: Pizza!!!

Address: 1310 Grant Avenue/ 800 Stanyan Street
Price Comparison: less expensive than average
Directions: Various:

Price: US$11-20
Rating: 4
Theme: Italian

• Updated Oct 21, 2005

mydreamquest Visits Here Frequently!

“"I love being lost in a country where the chances of me returning are less than the chances of me being robbed."”

Have you been to San Francisco?