"The tower to climb up" Top 5 Page for this destination Gdansk Things to Do Tip by matcrazy1
Gdansk Things to Do: 537 reviews and 1,498 photos
I didn't go upstairs to the viewing platform of the Main Town Hall. I had already seen the city and its surroundings from the top of the St. Catherine's Church tower. The Main Town Hall tower contains a 37-bell clarion which was put there on New Year's Eve 2000.
I was told that the clarion and the Museum of Tower Clocks which I visited in St. Catherine's Church, is more interesting. However the viewing platform is very small there. But the view towards north (shipyard, the Baltic Sea and Westerplatte) is better.
Mon - Sat: 10.00 am - 4.00 pm
Sunday: 11.00 am - 4.00 pm.
Address: Ul. Dluga 47; 80-831 Gdansk
Directions: At the eastern end of the main pedestrian street of Gdansk - Dluga, on the left walking from the Golden Gate. About 25 min. on foot from the Main Railway Station (Gdansk Glowny).
Phone: +48 (85) 76 79 100
More Reviews (196)
- See All For rich and famous or unfamous
- See All To Westerplatte by car
- See All Where do they live?
- See All Private house of Walesa
- See All Few and little shells
- See All Bathing in the Baltic Sea
- See All Fresh, fried fish :-)
- See All Tourist info, amber, silver, gifts
- See All Not prepared for foreign visitors
- See All The best concert hall in Europe!
- See All The Motlawa river at sunset
- See All Travel books
matcrazy1's Related Pages
Have you been to Gdansk?Share Your Travels