"I wish I'd read the reviews here before I booked" Njoy! Travellers Resort Tip by Peteearl

Njoy! Travellers Resort, Cairns: 322 reviews and 0 photos

We booked 3 nights in September via an internet agent but when we arrived the girl at check in had us down as arriving on the day we actually were to depart. She told us that someone at Inn the Tropics had made a mistake with the dates. So there was no room available for 3 consequetive nights. There was room available but we would have to change rooms after the first night. After a long journey from Hong Kong we were looking forward to a good nights rest and being able to get up when we wanted in the morning - no chance - we had to be up, packed and out of the room before 9.30.a.m. and were unable to move back into another room until after 11.30.a.m. this really messed our day up. We had to lump our bags/cases across a passage way and down a flight of stairs with no offers of help. A previous reviewer has described the rooms as like a prison cell - this was also my first impression of our room. Yes the air conditioning (3 dollars for 6 hours if I remember correctly) did also rattle all the while it was on. The windows to our room could not be secured. I was hoping that the room we would be moving to may be better but before we got to see it I spoke to someone who was presented to me as "the manager" concerning the mix up with the dates and the inconvenience to us. He claimed that the internet agent had booked us in for December - contrary to what the girl on check in had told us - and insisted that "Inn the Tropics" was not at fault. His attitude was less than helpful and unsympathetic. We decided to move to other accomodation just 50 yards down the road and stayed at the Queens Court hotel which was much improved acommodation and comfort, included breakfast and free airconditioning and which worked out cheaper than "Inn The Tropics". We were well pleased we moved. Summary - we won't be staying at "InnThe Tropics" again and would be surprised if it is still in business this time next year.

Address: 141 Sheridan Street, , Cairns, State of Queensland
Price Comparison: about average
Phone: 44 02476730346
Price: US$20-40
Theme: Hostel
Website: http://

• Updated Oct 17, 2005

Comments

Ranked Member

Have you been to Cairns?