Den Dyver: "Cuisine a la Biere" Den Dyver Tip by butch_wade

Den Dyver, Brugge: 8 reviews and 7 photos

This is my favourite restaurant in Belgium, in fact it's probably my favourite in the whole world! We have been going there for 8 years, and have never had a bad meal.
My tip would be to go at lunchtime, as it's not usually as busy then as in the evening, but make sure you don't have a large breakfast first, and give yourself plenty of time for a nice leisurely lunch!
After you have finished your lunch, you will be ready for a nice casual stroll around Brugge, to walk off your lunch and beer!
Don't expect huge portions, but the food is so rich and tasty, and the beers generally so strong, that you won't leave the restaurant feeling that you haven't had enough.
We usually have a house blonde beer as an aperatif when we arrive, and then choose from the lunchtime menu, always with the accompanying selection of beers that are used in the cooking.
The food is alway very well prepared and presented, and the waiting staff are so attentive.
They always describe the dish in detail, and explain about the accompanying beer, where it was brewed, and what it will taste like.
The head waiter, who I believe is the son of the owners is superb. He is extremely polite and attentive, always giving us a very warm welcome. He appears to be fluent in several languages, as you will tell if you watch hime serving other customers.
You may think this restaurant is a little expensive, but for a special treat or romantic meal I think that this place is a perfect choice if you are visiting Brugge.

Address: Dijver 5
Price Comparison: more expensive than average
Price: US$41 and up