North Coast Country Inn: "Cute little inn" Gualala Hotel Tip by VB0000

Gualala Hotels: 1 reviews and 0 photos

We choose this place because it was affordable and had very nicely appointed rooms with kitchenette and was in walking distance to the shore. We were not disappointed. They also have one hot tub available for all guests, but the place was relatively empty that night (Saturday night) so we had the hot tub to ourselves. The room was cozy, warm, had all the ammenities we loved. Great decorations that were not over the top "feminine", "cute", or "romantic", but instead nauticle and classic.
When we did walk down to the shore, we realized that the access was down the road and through the Whale Watch Inn property....and when I remembered that the Whale Watch Inn was only a little bit more expensive than the North Coast Country Inn I kicked myself - I should have spent the little bit extra for the Whale Watch Inn! Granted the breakfast at North Coast Inn was more complete and gormet and personable than we would have gotten at Whale Watch, but I wouldn't have minded missing it in order to stay closer to the ocean and in a larger Inn with better access to the beach.
I guess it's all in what you want...if you want a complete studio apartment at an affordable price that includes a full on breakfast, but you have no view of the ocean and you have to walk a bit to get to the beach stay at the North Coast Country Inn.
If you want an ocean view from your room and be only steps from the beach (oh and by the way you have to walk up/down some steep stairs to get to/from the beach), and you don't mind a smaller room with maybe only a refrigerator, then stay at the Whale Watch Inn.

Unique Qualities: Full, complete breakfast served in dining room
Walking distance to shore (steep stairs to/from beach)
Cozy accomodations
Studio apartment like rooms, well appointed decor

Address: 34591 South Highway 1, , Gualala, California 95445
Price Comparison: less expensive than average
Directions: On Highway 1
Price: US$120-180
Theme: Bed and Breakfast

• Written Oct 13, 2005

“"Travel anywhere at every opportunity"”

Ranked Member

Have you been to Gualala?