"Father Ted's house" Top 5 Page for this destination Ireland Off The Beaten Path Tip by sourbugger
Ireland Off The Beaten Path: 311 reviews and 462 photos
Sourbugger is a great fan of the TV comedy series 'Father Ted'. If you have never seen it before then please browse my other tip in this section.
The parochial house, which is central to the series can be found (eventually) in a remote part of County Clare. The house is now a private house, so all you can do is grab a quick photograph and just imagine Mrs Doyle on the roof, and Bishop Brennan spinning like a top on the water hydrant just inside the gate.
You can find the place on a tiny road between Boston and Kilnaboy. Your best bet is probably to ask for directions in the Post office in Boston.
More Off The Beaten Path in Ireland (10)
More Reviews (65)
- See All Ancient crossroads of the nation
- See All Donegal's only Five star hotel
- See All Always make that connection...
- See All The endangered species
- Be warned.....
- See All A rarae treat - a good Chinese
- See All Great joke.
- See All Be prepared for big delays...
- See All Avoid the bloody big ice cubes
- See All More irish music than you could shake a...
- See All The Galway Festival of racing
- Be prepared for the weather
sourbugger's Related Pages
Have you been to Ireland?Share Your Travels