Fiamma- at the MGM Grand: "Avoid this Place at MGM Grand" MGM Hotel Tip by ArizonaExpert

MGM Hotel, Las Vegas: 41 reviews and 45 photos

We were going to see KA at MGM, so against my better veteran of Las Vegas judgement, we opted for a restaraunt in the hotel. Should have known better.

This place may have done well in Soho, New York, but I don't get the draw. Although decorated nicely, the menu is very limited, and the prices are way out of whack for what you actually get. We can afford to eat at any place, but I don't like overpaying for poor quality, or small portions of food.

There were no vegetarian options on the menu...everything had meat or was meat based, or had meat on it. The waiter said they could do some vegetarian options, but you almost felt as if it were an insult to the chef. There were only 6 pasta dishes, and a few other selections of chicken and veal chop. No other traditional Italian selections. I am not a picky eater, but I found the menu to be a drawback, as did the rest of my party.

Both pasta dishes we ordered, both vegetarian version and regular, were salty and WAY overpriced. In fact, every entre on there was WAY overpriced. I really object to a small bowl of ravioli for $26. Give me a break. It wasn't even that good. The meat my friend ordered was also salty.

We didn't have any alcohol, and our bill for four was over $150, even with my wife's selection getting sent back for being inedible. Olive Garden would have been better.

Favorite Dish: The Caeser salad was good, for $10. We split it and it was more than enough. Took 25 minutes to get the salad, but the main course folllwed 5 minutes later. That was good, since the show was starting in ten minutes.

I would avoid this place for a number of quality, overpriced and limited menu.

Address: Located in the MGM Grand Hotel
Price Comparison: more expensive than average
Phone: 702-891-7600
Price: US$41 and up
Rating: 1
Theme: Italian

• Updated Oct 10, 2005

ArizonaExpert Used To Live Here!

“Immodium AD is the traveler's best friend.”

Have you been to Las Vegas?