"La Ciotat" France Things to Do Tip by sim1

France Things to Do: 1,479 reviews and 1,983 photos

by sim1

It's evening in La Ciotat, the weather has calmed down. Wow, what an end of the day it has been! We thought the incident with the bicyclists (see my previous tip about the ferry to Marseille) was the bad part of the day, but oh boy, we weren't even close to ending that! It's a long story, and VT only allows me to put 2047 characters here.... sigh, too few for me to write the complete the story in this tip. So you have to look at my 'La Ciotat' page to read all about it!

In short we got lost in Marseille, hit by a major thunderstorm in Cassis, drove on streets that looked more like rivers than roads, and no hotel to be found (or way too expensive!) and finally the escape to the neighbouring village of La Ciotat.

So here we are, in La Ciotat. Not only the price of the hotelroom was much better, also the location. It was great to be right at the harbour in the evening, it looked so picturesque with all the lights! So we took a nice evening stroll (yep, it finally had stopped raining!) and went out to look for a nice little restaurant.

You can find more info about this village and the promised story on my La Ciotat page

• Updated Oct 10, 2005

Comments

sim1

“Forever smiling :-)”