"My trip through the Provence" France Things to Do Tip by sim1

France Things to Do: 1,479 reviews and 1,983 photos

My trip through the Provence
by sim1

At the end of September 2003 we made a trip through the Provence. It was autumn, and that was really noticeable. We had some wonderful sunny days, autumn colours on the trees, but also rain :-( Sigh, I guess that is what you can expect when travelling in the autumn, but all in all it was a wonderful trip! In this map you can see the route that we took. The trip started actually in Genoa, Italy, but this page will only be about the part we travelled through France. We crossed the border at Menton to make our way up into the mountains to see some beautiful perched villages like Sainte-Agnès ,Peille and Peillon. The first night was spent in Juan les Pins, and our journey the next day continued to the Gorges du Verdon.

Day 3 we travelled through the Petite Luberon, visited Ansouis and made a city walk in Avignon. The day after was a long one, and ended in a lot (and I mean a LOT!) of rain. It started of with a visit to the Pont du Gard, Arles, The Camargue and ended at the by rain flooded village of Cassis. The night was spent in the neighbouring village of La Ciotat.

Day 5 was all washed away by the rain, arghhh, no use to talk about that a lot! A rainy, foggy coastal road and a walk in the rain in Fréjus weren't the highlights of this trip. But it ended in Nice where the weather finally seem to become better, hahaha, and so did my mood :-)

Day 6 and last day of our trip through the Provence we took the coastal road with some great views over the beautiful blue sea. It was also the day that was the highlight of our trip. The Villa Ephrussi de Rothshild was fantastic! The villa was beautiful and so was the interior. The gardens were just marvellous! From the villa in Saint-Jean-Cap-Ferrat we continued our journey to Éze and finally Monaco. From there it was back to Italy again, where our Italian adventure started in Genoa.

• Updated Oct 10, 2005

Comments

sim1

“Forever smiling :-)”