"Les Penitents Blanc- Chapelle de la Sainte-Croix" Top 5 Page for this destination Vieux Nice - Old Town Tip by NiceLife
Vieux Nice - Old Town, Nice: 75 reviews and 141 photos
The back streets of Vieux Nice are home to a number of 250 year old Churches like this, located off the Rue Rossetti. Chapelle de la Sainte-Croix was Corporate HQ to Les Penitents Blanc. Penitents came in a variety of "team colours" -Penitents Gris, Penitents Blanc, Penitents Noir, Penitents Rouge, and probably a few other shades. You have to question the significance of the colours - "Come on you's Gris!"?.
"Leo, love the cowl. Brown is so you"
"You really think so?
"Myself I was thinking of joining the Penitents Rouge."
"Darling, Rouge is so last season. Brown is the new black. Its so, so.. humble.
Those Penitents Rouge - I know I shouldn't say this, but if there's one thing I really can't abide, it's that smug "sorrier than thou" expression.
"Sackcloth and ashes? There's nothing so unforgiving as itchy underwear! Banish chaffing . Add a little fabric conditioner to your next wash. It's a Godsend"
" I'm done with doing penance for today. Fancy unwinding with a drop of Benedictine after evening prayers?"
"Don't mind if I do. Verrily"
Address: Southeast section of Nice
Directions: Surrounding the Cours Selaya.
More Things to Do in Nice (38)
More Reviews (151)
- See All New bus tariffs from May 3rd, 2013
- See All Promenades des Anglais (2005) Olivier...
- See All Riviera Road Safety and two wheels
- See All At last - beer at sensible prices - with...
- See All Why shopkeepers are suspicious of you
- See All Love to walk in the sky? :Grande...
- See All Temperature around the year in Nice
- See All Well recommended by the many Scots...
- See All Power-assisted para-flying thingumy
- See All Where to see big French and...
- See All Nice Etoile
- See All You came here to get away from this, no?
NiceLife's Related Pages
Have you been to Nice?Share Your Travels