The Nice Etoile shopping mall: "Nice Etoile" Top 5 Page for this destination Nice Shopping Tip by NiceLife
Nice Shopping: 66 reviews and 81 photos
Nice Etoile is Nice's main shopping mall, situated in the heart of the modern shopping area of the main street av Jean Medecin.
The only other malls of note are TNL in the suburb Riquier (home to a giant Carrefour) and out of town CAP3000, near the airport.
Opened up by an atruim to natural light , whizzy lifts cast as scifi-style pods glide silently up and down the interior walls, escalators, chandeliers, modern hotel-style seats, and atmospheric deployment of pink and purple lighting. Oh and shops. Not to forget the purpose of a mall. Shops.
What to buy: Nice Etoile is home to dozens of frock-shops including C&A (yes, you read correctly, "C&A". A marque I thought had been despatched decades ago to a home for aged and retired retail brands, but still live and kicking here) and many shoes, bags and other girly essentials. Also for domestic lifestyle enhancement there's Habitat (even more expensive in France), and Maison du Monde should you feel a need for a pair of green and orange scented candles.
Eating needs are catered for by several establishments ideal for casual coffee and pastries, and the icecream kiosk is actually rather good, as well as being cheaper than the standard tourist tarrif.
And there's parking for serious shoppers.
What to pay: French priced for locals. Which means fashions generally inexpensive, everything else a bit fierce.
Address: Avenue Jean Medecin
Directions: Nice Centre
Theme: Women's Clothes
More Shopping in Nice (4)
More Reviews (185)
- See All New bus tariffs from May 3rd, 2013
- See All Promenades des Anglais (2005) Olivier...
- See All Riviera Road Safety and two wheels
- See All At last - beer at sensible prices - with...
- See All One final "thing to do" - do nothing!
- See All Why shopkeepers are suspicious of you
- See All Love to walk in the sky? :Grande...
- See All Temperature around the year in Nice
- See All Well recommended by the many Scots...
- See All Power-assisted para-flying thingumy
- See All Where to see big French and...
- See All You came here to get away from this, no?
NiceLife's Related Pages
Have you been to Nice?Share Your Travels