"Guide to Grand Palace : What are in This Area?" Grand Palace Tip by vee01
Grand Palace, Bangkok: 313 reviews and 618 photos
About Royal Grand Palace :
This complex area contains not only house of The Royal Family but also a number of government offices and some Wiharn.
It covers an area 218.000 m2 and surrounded by 1900 m of walls.
Inside the Royal Palace :
We can see about 30 buildings which are clasified with:
1. The Upper Terrace. There are 4 main buildings which are Golden Chedi,The Mondop,Miniature of Angkor Wat , and The Royal Pantheon.
2. The Royal Monastery of the emerald Budhha [Jade budha statue covers with golds]
3. The Phra Maha Monthian : This complex consist of 3 main buildings which are Audience Hall,Paisal Taksin Hall,and Chakraparat Phiman Hall.These buildings are used for ceremony such as cemomerating of the birthday aniversary of the king
4. The Chakri Group : It consits of the central throne hall, most used for reception of foreigner ambassadors.
5. The Dusit Group : The present building is used for annual coronation day ceremony
6. The Borom Phiman MAnsion : Now this mansion is used for serving royal family guest of honour for visiting Heads of State and guest of their majesties.
7. The Galeries : are located in every walls and grounds of the royal monastery, which are decorated with scenes of Ramayana and others.
8. Subsidiary buildings : to the north there 3 buildings of interest namely Scripture library , next is Phara WIharn Yod, and Museleoum of the royal family which contains the crematorial ashes of royal family members.etc.
Address: Maharaj Pier, Chao Phraya, Bangkok
Directions: next to Wat Phra Kaeo Temple Complex
More Reviews (4)
vee01's Related Pages
Have you been to Bangkok?Share Your Travels