Tropikist Hotel: "Cheap and Cheerful with the best pool" Ward of Tobago Hotel Tip by waringa

Ward of Tobago Hotels: 4 reviews and 8 photos

Pretty good hotel for the price that you pay.
As long as you go with the right attitude and treat people as you would like to be treated, then this hotel is great.
I read a lot of reviews on the net before I went here that were very mixed and so didn't know what to expect.
During my stay I had nothing but the best possible service bearing in mind where you are.
That said, I also witnessed an arrogant couple get less than perfect service but probably no worse than the deserved!
The manager of this hotel (Sam) is a wonderful guy who I swear never sleeps. He opened the car door as we arrived and was ever present throughout our stay. Sam's attention to detail was a great plus point to our stay.
The pool at this property is fantastic and it is well placed to get to most places of interest.
Some areas of the property could do with a lick of paint but I think that this is reflected in the price and there is evidence of work being carried out.

Unique Qualities: Pool, price, manager, view.
My FiancÚ and I stayed in a Superior room with All Inclusive service; whilst I'd recommend the AI option as it only adds about $15 per day on (but do eat out!) I would only bother with a standard room, as there is little difference. We went with the Superior as it had a bathtub, however it's really only a half tub and of little more use than a shower!
Note that you can't swim from the beach here as it is a protected coral reef, however the pool is fantastic and you are only a 5-minute walk from some fantastic beaches.
Oh yes, and even though we went in September we did see a turtle swimming in the sea from the breakfast restaurant!

Address: Crown Point, Tobago
Price Comparison: less expensive than average
Directions: 2 minute ride or a 5 minute walk from the airport.
othercontact: Fax: (868) 628-9114
Phone: (868) 639-8512
Price: US$40-80
Theme: Hotel

Review Helpfulness: 2 out of 5 stars

• Updated Apr 4, 2011

Comments

waringa

“Be it, See it, Leave No Trace”

Ranked Member

Have you been to Ward of Tobago?