"Three famous Poles and gallery of art" Top 5 Page for this destination Gdansk Things to Do Tip by matcrazy1
Gdansk Things to Do: 537 reviews and 1,498 photos
There are amazing and renovated recently frescoes on a front facade of a house at Dluga street 72. They depict life in the 19th century Gdansk and the three famous Polish actresses and actors:
- Helena Modrzejewska (Helena Modjeska) - Polish and internationally-famous Polish actress who moved to the United States
- Alojzy Zˇlkowski
- Wojciech Boguslawski
Pay attention to the next house at No 71. This renaissance, brick house luckily survived WWII and some gothic details are seen on brick parts of its facade.
There is money exchange office (Currency Express) and Western Union (money order) agent on the ground floor. There is the Little Gallery of Art ("Mala Galeria Sztuki") hidden in this impressive green house, too. There are quite interesting and different in style (mostly modern though) paintings and sculptures of contemporary local artists there.
Address: Ul. Dluga 72; 80-831 Gdansk
Directions: At main pedestrian street of Gdansk - Dluga, on the left walking from the Golden Gate. About 20 - 25 min. on foot from the Main Railway Station (Gdansk Glowny).
Phone: +48 (85) 301-33-32
More Reviews (196)
- See All For rich and famous or unfamous
- See All To Westerplatte by car
- See All Where do they live?
- See All Private house of Walesa
- See All Few and little shells
- See All Bathing in the Baltic Sea
- See All Fresh, fried fish :-)
- See All Tourist info, amber, silver, gifts
- See All Not prepared for foreign visitors
- See All The best concert hall in Europe!
- See All The Motlawa river at sunset
- See All Travel books
matcrazy1's Related Pages
Have you been to Gdansk?Share Your Travels