"True disappointment" Ibis Centro Hotel Tip by baronedivandastad

Ibis Centro Hotel, Milan: 4,521 reviews and 19 photos

I can't understand how this hotel makes any business at all in Milan. Well, actually I do: the city is seriously short of hotel rooms during the numerous trade and fashion fairs that it hosts, and therefore low quality inns like this one can afford to charge rip-off prices to unaware visitors like me.

When I arrived I knew that this French chain does not top ranks concerning service and general comfort. My expectations were met. I had to wait a while for check-in since they had three clerks serving people with surnames starting in different letter ranges, with the result that the A-G attendant was reading a magazine and the H-P had three people waiting in queue.

When I did manage to get helped, the man on the other side was pretty rude, and did not ask me which sort of room I wanted. Then he asked for my credit card and pre-authorized 700 euros (?!?) despite that my booking had been done by my (well-known and respectable) company. When I received my key I wasn't told where the lifts are, and only later discovered there was three sets of them, obviously located in different directions. The lifts are not accessible by disabled people as you have to climb stairs.

The room was small, cramped, dark and depressing. The bed was very small and I did not sleep well. Aircon setup still remains a mystery to me (that holds true for most Italian hotels, unfortunately).

I made a point of never ever returning to the place. Oh, by the way it was also very expensive. Don't go.

Unique Qualities: Jolly Machiavelli is right opposite, so you can change quickly.

Address: Via C. Finocchiaro Aprile 2, , Milan, Lombardy 201
Price Comparison: more expensive than average
Directions: Not far from porta Venezia. Doesn't deserve a picture.
Phone: +39 02 63151
Price: US$120-180
Theme: Hotel
Website: http://www.accorhotels.com/gb/hotel-0933-ibis-milano-centro/index.shtml

Review Helpfulness: 2 out of 5 stars