"Risk assessment for visits to the Eiffel tower..." Paris Warnings Or Dangers Tip by sourbugger
Paris Warnings and Dangers: 865 reviews and 511 photos
I was wondering the other day...how likely would it be for someone to fall on you if you were under the Eiffel tower in Paris.
So here's the risk assessment :
1) Floor area (assuming they jump inwards) = 100 meters * 100 meters
Therefore - 1 in 10,000 chance
2) Presume you spend about half an hour at the site, and the tower is open for 13 hours a day
Therefore - 10,000 * 26 = 1 in 260,000 chance
3) There are (on average) 4 suicides a year. So the chance on one day is one in 91.25
Therefore grand total = 260,000 * 91.25 = 1 in 23,725,000
You have twice the chance of being hit by a suicide faller under the Eiffel tower than winning the National lottery.
More Warnings and Dangers in Paris (21)
More Reviews (83)
- See All metro fares - fares fair !
- See All A tale of the the green boxes
- See All Tom thumb type house.
- See All How to bump up a bill.
- See All Moo Moo Moo Moo Moo Moo Moo Moo Moo Moo
sourbugger's Related Pages
Have you been to Paris?Share Your Travels