Naan & Chutney: "For Real Indian... Go Across the Street" Top 5 Page for this destination Naan n? Chutney Restaurant Tandoor on Haight Tip by Karnubawax
Naan n? Chutney Restaurant Tandoor on Haight, San Francisco: 4 reviews and 4 photos
One of the Lower Haight's more recent arrivals is Naan & Chutney, an Indian & Pakistani restaurant. While I admire the international good will their menu implies, the food leaves a bit to be desired. There are now 3 Indian places in the neighborhood, and Naan & Chutney is easily the most ordinary of the three.
Favorite Dish: I had the chicken vindaloo, which, as all you Indian cuisine officionados know, is supposed to be HOT! I would rate it as barely medium. The side dishes were just acceptable - nothing to write home about. Service was glum, but not surly.
The 2 other Indian restaurants on this block - Raja Cuisine on Fillmore & Haight, and Indian Oven on Fillmore a block away - are far better. They are both a little more expensive, but the increase in quality is well worth it.
Address: 525 Haight Street (btn Fillmore & Steiner)
Price Comparison: about average
Directions: Haight Street at Fillmore Street
More Restaurants in San Francisco (15)
More Reviews (71)
- See All Karaoke at The Mint (Castro)
- See All Earthquake Weather
- See All San Francisco Library - SF History...
- See All S.F. Zoo - it ain't San Diego!
- See All Make Friends! Ask For Directions!
- See All Avoid people who tell you not to avoid...
- See All The Albany Bulb
- See All Vintage Clothing on Haight Street
- See All Playin' The Ponies!
- See All I went to Pier 39 (so you don't have...
- See All SF Weather - prepare for anything!
Been to San Francisco?Share your travels with the world!
Karnubawax's Related Pages
Have you been to San Francisco?Share Your Travels