Dream Girl Tailors: "A Reliable Ladies' Tailoring Shop" Dubai Shopping Tip by Janani

Dubai Shopping: 224 reviews and 496 photos

They made my work uniforms in just two days
by Janani

I have visited several tailors in the U.A.E. but only this one had a public shop; the branch I used was in the Meena Bazaar area of Dubai, which has two areas for ladies' tailoring: (Western and Asian) and an area for men's tailoring too (called Hollywood Gents.)

I always had a nice time visiting the shop with my friends; they have a good selection of up-to-date fashion magazines that you can use to decide what you want made and the staff were very flexible too, if I asked for something to be made in a different way to their usual method. They also have an embroiderer but as he was away when we needed some work done, they recommended another independent one.

I haven't used the shop for a while, although I have been fairly recently when friends have been getting things made; in September 2002 I had two outfits made up, according to a picture I brought in, from some cotton twill I brought from London and was charged 40 Dirhams each for two Chinese style tunic tops and 35 Dirhams each for the ankle length skirts with side splits. A tailor named Anwar made the outfits, which after daily wear (they were work uniforms) are still in good condition, whereas my colleagues' ready made ones cost twice as much as mine, fitted poorly and fell apart much sooner.

Address: P.O.Box: 8266, Dubai, U.A.E.
Directions: I used their branch in the Mina Bazaar area but they have branches in Karama and Satwa too.
othercontact: Fax: 04 3510202