"Jewish Quarter, Jewish Synagogue," Jewish Quarter -Josefov - Tip by ForestqueenNYC
Jewish Quarter -Josefov -, Prague: 83 reviews and 147 photos
Unfortunately, I have no pictures of this tour and I am going on vague memories of my visit there about 10 or 12 years ago. So it is best that I simply refer you to the information from another website. I do highly recommend not missing it, however. In fact, the first time I went to Prague it was because of the recommendation of friends who went on this tour.
THE JEWISH MUSEUM IN PRAGUE
(?idovské muzeum v Praze)
Praha 1, U Staré ?koly 1, 3
* phone: 0420/ 224 819 456, fax 224 819 458
* e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org; www.jewishmuseum.cz
* Expositions of the Jewish Museum are open daily except Saturdays and Jewish holidays, unless specified otherwise: IV. - X. from 9 a.m. to 6 p.m., XI. - III. from 9 a.m. to 4.30 p.m.
* Reservation office: U Starého hřbitova 3a, 110 01 Praha 1, tel. 222 317 191, fax 222 317 181, email@example.com
* The sale of tickets ends 30 minutes before the centre is closed.
"It was Hitler who decided that most of the relics and exhibits in this collection should be preserved - as a museum to an extinct race. It's made up of a number of venues including the Old New Synagogue, one of the oldest in Europe and a cemetary holding over 12,000 graves. There is also a very moving collection of childrens art from Terezin - a camp in occupied Czechoslovakia which served as a transit camp for Jews being moved to concentration camps. "
Directions: From Old-Town Square about 5min north-west.
Phone: +420-224 819 456
More Things to Do in Prague (3)
ForestqueenNYC's Related Pages
Have you been to Prague?Share Your Travels