Bahn Cuon Cha Ca: "BLACKLIST this Restaurant" Hanoi Restaurant Tip by chirpy383

Hanoi Restaurants: 516 reviews and 624 photos

Going by the recommendation from other VTers, after my dinner treat to Cha Ca La Vong, I decided to walk across the street to try the Bahn Cuon ( the steam rice roll thinge). And that is recommended and the VTer did mention 20,000Dong for 2 plates. Was very mad that the owner charged us 40,000Dong for 2 small plates!! That is about 4.50SGD! And the portion was pathetic! Ownder told me they used quality meat for the filling! At first it was a thank goodness the portion wasnt too big. But for 40000Dong is way too much. I argued with them and showed them the price which I printed from VT. They then show me a picture booklet (torn , tattered and dog eared) that one portion is for 20,000dong and everyone pays the same price. He even insulted me that the price of 20000dong for 2 plates was price in year 2003!! I swear that it was January 2005 which I printed out!!! Obviously, we paid.. and I swear that I will NEVER return to them! CHEATS!!

The taste wasnt that great either!! (IN ALL HONESTY!! And not being sour graped!!)

: )

Favorite Dish: Tried Bahn Cuon

Address: Cha Ca Street (Opposite Cha Ca La Vong)
Price Comparison: more expensive than average
Directions: Old Quarters
Price: less than US$10
Rating: 1
Theme: Local

• Written Sep 24, 2005

“To assimiliate into other's culture.”

Have you been to Hanoi?