"14. The Night of the Nights :-))))" Villa Cerro Castillo Things to Do Tip by Trekki

Villa Cerro Castillo Things to Do: 23 reviews and 99 photos

and then....... the moon arises :-)
by Trekki

and then....... the moon arises :-)
    by Trekki
      evening arrives at the campground
    by Trekki
      and the setting sun colors the mountains in deep r
      more moon :-)
      and more moon :-)
    by Trekki

Sun was setting, and as there were no trees to shelter us, the air soon became quite cold. The sun nicely shone on the mountains and painted them deep red. We put all our clothes on and started the dinner. Not much for the evening, only tick hot star shaped noodle soup and the obligatory hot tea. We were sitting there, enjoying the hot things running down our systems and felt eternally relaxed. Some stars appeard, my beloved Southern Cross and the part of Orion that looks like a smiley. Could not get enough of that peaceful sight. At a point in time, roughly 23 p.m., when it was getting darker (as much as it can get dark at 46° South) I said ?Wouldn?t it be time for full moon by now?? (consider, that during our last nights, our tent was always somewhere in thick forest and we were in bed ? uuhhm sleeping bag ? early). The moment that said, a bright light appeared exactly in the middle of the V-shaped outcrop of Paso Peñon ? and stupid me continued to say somethink like ?look at this floodlight?? until I realized that it was the moon. With open mouth we gazed at this natures? spectacle. Neither me, nor the pictures can describe these moments of watching the moon slowly rising ? I started to believe that the man in the moon exists and gently tears the moon with a little thread over the night sky. I dragged my mat and sleeping bag to the outside ? this night I definitely could not sleep in the tent, and I was watching the moon?s path until I must have fallen asleep at one point in the late night.

• Updated Apr 4, 2011

• german_eagle's Profile Photo
    Nov 10, 2015 at 1:40 AM

Lucky you! Certainly unforgettable.

• Trekki's Profile Photo
      Nov 10, 2015 at 2:09 AM

Absolutely unforgettable :-) Since then, anytime when I see a full moon, I think of this night. And really anytime :-)

Trekki

“Don't spend your life playing the role that others have chosen for you ;-)”

Have you been to Villa Cerro Castillo?