"Nicest station in Paris" Paris Transportation Tip by sourbugger
Paris Transportation: 1,520 reviews and 1,565 photos
The Gare St Lazare is by far the most atmospheric of the Paris Terminals. You are most likely to use it if you are heading out to Rouen (very well worth the day trip) or out to the Normandy coast (Le Harve, Dieppe). In the old days this would have been the departure point to pick up the transatlantic steamers to the New World.
It is also used for a good deal of Suburban traffic. Make sure you take time to have a look around and compare the station to how it looks on Monet's famous picture of the station. (see must do tips)
More Transportation in Paris (17)
More Reviews (87)
- See All One of the world's wierder syndromes...
- See All A tale of the the green boxes
- See All Tom thumb type house.
- See All How to bump up a bill.
- See All Moo Moo Moo Moo Moo Moo Moo Moo Moo Moo
sourbugger's Related Pages
Have you been to Paris?Share Your Travels